Monday, July 13, 2009

Event Fashion Quest Mission #1

So I'm going to break up the Tour de France Knitting Challenge with this summer's Fashion Quest. There are a number of events coming up, most immediately Y's High School reunion. They are the kind of events that require shopping; fashion requirements beyond my usual hang out with the kid and dog, around the house or school wardrobe. So on a mad morning mission I headed to the mall, well a mall, the local mall is rarely helpful. The assignment was a sundress appropriate for a luau on the bay front/beach in Monterey at night. So cocktail/party dress would be too fancy. It needs to be travel friendly, laundry friendly, sand will not be unexpected.

So this is what I found...it looks much better on. Then I came home and checked the weather for the weekend. I knew it would be cooler, I wasn't expecting a high in the upper 60s. I can use this for other things coming up this summer, but do I need to come up with more than a sweater? Am I just gonna freeze to death? The lows are expected in the mid-50's. We've been in the 100-ish territory so long I am having a hard time conceptualizing packing summer clothes for 50s and 60s.

No comments: